Wednesday, September 19, 2012

pOwERfuL PINK



In my Mom's family there are 5 girls and 2 boys.  G-bird is always getting together with her sisters and Mother for fun little trips. During the Summer my Mother, Grandma, and my two Aunts {Carol was on a cruise} came up to visit My Aunt Yevon.  She sadly was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She is one of the most amazing women I know.  Ever since June of 2003, when I moved to Utah County, she has been taking care of me.  Literally.  To this day she still invites me and now my family over for dinner pretty frequently.  I have always felt at home in her home.  When I was single this was huge.  I never felt far from my family even though they were 3 hours away because technically I had family in Orem.  I even once upon a time lived with them for a few months while in the search of an apartment.  Adam absolutely loves the Romneys and we both feel so blessed to get to live so close to them.  One of my goals in life is to be more like my Aunt Von.  She is the kindest lady you will ever meet.  Service is at the top of her list.  I want to open up my home like her and invite different groups of people over for Sunday dinner.   I love that she does that.  It's always hard watching amazingly strong people go through incredibly hard trials.  We know that in the end it will only make her a stronger person, but still... it just sucks that she has to be one of the many women that goes through this particular trial.  Thank goodness for her loving sisters and mom who can put a instant smile on her face.  Just keep on smiling Vonnie!  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

3 comments:

Lee said...

What a nice post Syd! I love the picture of all of us in your apartment. Von is an amazing sister and I learn so much from her. I wish one of my kids would have ended up going to school or just living in Orem/Provo so they could be spoiled by the Romneys like the Smith and Skeen kids have.

Vonnie said...

Dear Syd. I love you! Thanks for this kind and thoughtful post. I hope I can live up to your expectations! I hope that none of my sisters, daughters or nieces have to go through this.

Jord said...

Oh this is so sweet! I'm so grateful that you live close to my Mom Syd and for the hole you fill since we moved away. Thanks for being such a good niece and friend to her.