Monday, September 10, 2012

LAnD of tHe FrEE








The 4th is my favorite holiday.  It even beats Christmas on my list.  This year we stayed home since it was in the middle of the week.  Adam got up bright and early that morning and went and ran the 10k.  He is the bomb.  I'm not going to lie.  I kinda cried a little bit when he got home and I realized I didn't have a fun  red, white, and blue breakfast planned. Yeah. I'm silly like that.  We got ready and went to the Provo parade.  In the 8 years that I have lived in this area this was my first time going.  Oh boy! There were a ton of people.  We walked all over trying to reach my Aunt Von and her family to sit with.  She is another die hard 4th of July lover as well.  On our walk over I spotted a kid that had camped out the night before for a spot on the sidewalk.  He was in his sleeping bag... asleep... as the parade was going by. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?  I got a good laugh over that.  My cousin Andy was laughing at the parade and how he thought it was pretty lame.  Apparently he has never seen the Rupert parade.  I thought it was great!  The rest of the day we hung with our friends Jordan and T.  In the evening we met up with Adam's brother Dan and his {at the time} fiance.  We got a pizza and watched the fireworks.  Rafe loved it.  He loves to party.  I don't think he feel asleep until like 11.  It was a very chill and relaxed holdiay.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I love the 4th too...even though I grew up going to the Rupert parade every year....that's something I do not miss. Glad you enjoyed Provos. Love all the cute Picts of you 3