Wednesday, November 30, 2011

thANkfUL hEArtS






We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Last minute on Wednesday night about 10pm we decided that we wanted to head to Idaho for the Holiday. We bought some tunes before hitting the road then jumped in little red who just a day prior died, but was brought back to life with a ridiculously large amount of money. (oh how I hate car problems)

We arrived around 1am in time for bed.

Thanksgiving day brought good food and good people. We started off dinner at my Brother Dust's house and his awesome wife Dae made us the best salad out there with yummy rolls. We shared some thankful thoughts and played some games with the kinder. I loved my Nephew Ronan's thankful thought... "I'm thankful for the Army." Well said.

We then all loaded up and headed to my parents house for some fun and the main coarse. It was such beautiful weather that we had to seize the day and go outside for football, swinging, and running around with the kids. As always I was very pleased with our turkey dinner. Thanksgiving food is my favorite dish out there. I'm not going to lie, I totally pigged out. We shared some memories of past Thanksgivings and listened to my parents tell about life in their childhood days. More games, naps, mapping out black Friday sales, and watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving followed.

The last stop was to my Brother Nicks house. We all indulged into pumpkin and chocolate pie. I will admit that I rarely eat pie, but there is no way Thanksgiving can be without. It is the frosting on the cake. While we had dessert we enjoyed watching some of our favorite Thanksgiving episodes of Friends. You guessed it... the one with the Rumor and the one where Ross got high.

The night did not end there. Not even close. Later on about 10:30 Heavy-D, G-bird, Trick, the Hubby, and yours truly loaded up and drove the 45 minutes to Twin Falls to hit up some stores. We started with Wal-mart, then dashed to Target where we stood in line for 2 freaking hours. No not outside. Inside! In the end it was worth it all. We headed back to Burley to check out their Walmart and found some great blue-rays. The shopping ended with grabbing a bite through the drive through at Jack in the box. We made it home at about 4:30 am. Let's just say that my feet and legs looked oh so lovely. They were about trice their normal size.

The next day all the family that was in town had an adventure and went out to my oldest Brother Cam's house in Oakley. His family was actually in North Dakota celebrating the holiday, but we were all eager to see their newly remodeled kitchen. It was amazing! Walls were taken down to make it an open concept kitchen and family room. There are walls of old brick and amazing hard wood floors. Oh, I feel in love with it all right.

Later Friday night a group of us watch The Holiday and played card games. One of my favorite Rupert traditions is going into the square and watching Santa turn on the City lights. I will never get tired of that. Hot Chocolate and fireworks followed. Fireworks are even sweeter in the cold and in the middle of town.

We had to take off Saturday morning early, but we were so happy with our 2011 Thanksgiving holiday. We just loved being with family and making more memories!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Great details about a fun-filled Thanksgiving celebration in good ole Rupert. I'm glad you guys were able to go and have so much fun! That will probably be your last trip there just the two of you?

Jord said...

What a fun and full day! I love the progressive dinner idea and am so happy you went up for the fun.

Annie said...

Syd, rarely do you give so many details and I hung on your every word!!! So happy you enjoyed your family so much. I can't wait to come to Provo to see you and the new munchkin.

Vonnie said...

Great report Syd. Loved the play by play. Smiths ROCK! You're looking darling BTW.

Hay and J said...

So thankful for Rupert! You look so cute Syd! Hope your feeling great! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! And maybe you should take it easy from now on you crazy pregnant lady!